ONLY YOU “DO” STRESS….Nobody does stress for you without your consent.
When you are stressed you are 5 times more likely to have a blood pressure problem. This obviously affects the health of your heart, brain and the whole body.
Stress comes in many forms including mental, physical, emotional, relationship, chemical, electromagnetic stress (as we mentioned in our last article), and thoughts. YES even your thoughts can stress you. Because you choose if that information coming in, and the thought you produce from that information, is stressful or not.
Your heart and brain are vital parts of your body for you to give attention to even in winter. As stated before there are 47 receptors in your body for Progesterone, including your brain and heart and arterial walls. Progesterone is the ‘Feel Good Hormone’ so it is vital if you want to be thinking well and making great decisions that work for you. Some points for you to consider this winter:
- Progesterone is a hormone and hormones are balanced when minerals are present. So keeping your mineral intake high is vital. I actually supplement with both liquid and tablet mineral combinations having studied this for many years.
- Minerals are Vital. Vegetables are an excellent source of minerals. You can steam them, grate them and hide them in soups, stews etc. and they are a brilliant base for spaghetti bolognaise without using spaghetti. The other mineral I find vital is Magnesium. If you have a cramp anywhere in your body, or a flutter in your eyelid that is a message to you that your magnesium levels are low. Magnesium helps you manage stress. It has nothing to do with your size. It has everything to do with how you manage stress. I put Magnesium crystals in the bath to soak in, and a couple in my herbal teas to drink. I also wear magnesium body lotion. If Magnesium leaves your body it takes lots of other minerals with it.
- Anti-oxidants are vital. Green Tea, Grape seed, turmeric, Grape seed extract, curcuminoids like curry powder, are brilliant for cleaning out the garbage and allowing you better concentration and memory. I use these on children with ADHD with great success.
- Brahmi is great also for concentration and focus. I gave a product with Brahmi in it for high school children who needed to complete major assignments with remarkable results.
- Boosting your immune system is also vital. When I had Lupus I could not think straight. I use Echinacea during winter together with my minerals and anti-oxidants and a great diet of fruits and vegetables and fish.
- Krill oil or other essential Fatty Acids are vital for the joints as well as the heart and brain. If you start when your children are tiny and simply prick the end of a good quality fish Oil tablet they get in the habit of having these daily. My Dad was given these as a child to avoid colds in the winter.
- Your stomach and digestive system can affect your heart and brain because it depends on what you absorb from your foods as to what nutrition your heart and brain gets. I just had a blood analysis from Terrie Beresford at firstname.lastname@example.org and we could see a slight deficiency in Vitamin b12 which is made in the digestive system. Terrie said about 80% of our immune function is located in our digestive system. Every time we eat sugary or fatty foods we wear down this digestive process so out immune system can suffer. Leaky gut is quite often the result says Terrie with toxins leaking into our blood stream…..yuk. You will know this may be happening if you have headaches, asthma, hay fever, behavioural or concentration problems. This is not just for kids. It’s a real concern also for adults.
- Exercise, conversations, improving your diet, allowing great sleep patterns to happen, and supplementing with those vitamins and minerals you know you may be lacking in. Remembering that you must have minerals in your system to digest vitamins and to help make hormones.
- Coenzyme Q10 as research shows is one of the nutrients we need the most. It is used to maintain heart health, promote healthy cholesterol levels, boost cellular energy and fight free-radical production. A more recent study showed that those people taking CoQ10 for over three months had beautiful healthy skin as well. We know from my last article that the health of your skin reflects the health of your lungs and your insides so CoQ10 could be your best friend through winter when we tend to dry out a little.
If you require assistance de-stressing this winter. You may like to contact me at email@example.com for both nutritional options or one on one coaching. De-stressing could be the best investment you ever made for you, your family and your health.