Some Tips for 2015
“A good PR Story is infinitely more effective than a full page add AND a damn site cheaper” Richard Branson.
Most small business people do not use the media. Why? Why not? Let’s explore how you can.
- Contact a journalist and tell them about your story. A journalist is more likely to put your story into the media if you send it yourself. Remember, a journalist needs you as much as you need them. SO, if you are using a marketing company, get them to write it as if it is coming from you directly.
- Credibility in the media brings you immediate business
- It’s got to be YOUR STORY so identify your uniqueness
- Create a press release that has the media calling you back (See below)
- You must use the media if you want to be found online
- Distribute your press release online and in Google news
- It only takes 1 to 2 hours per month to not only get your story published or broadcasted for FREE, but to make a profit from this exposure through the extra sales
When you write your Press release that has the media calling you back, make sure you include:
- Why should the journalist publish your story or why should the public buy from you?
- What exactly are you doing or offering?
- How can you demonstrate the benefits?
- What if you had a guarantee, a testimonial or a FREE trial?
- You MUST have a Call to Action in your press release.
I’m doing what I am telling you so let’s compare notes in the next newsletter. I would love your feedback. This is a 6 month commitment. Are you ready to join me to make it happen now???