Just like the Law of Rhythm, our bodies are looking for foods to eat in season. We also have emotional times that are different in each of those seasons. So let’s explore Spring.
- Just like the Law of Rhythm, our bodies are looking for foods to eat in season. We also have emotional times that are different in each of those seasons. So let’s explore Spring.
- Spring time is the ‘Wood’ Element in Chinese Medicine.
- The wood element is the liver and gallbladder meridians. Spring affects our liver and gallbladder so avoid fatty foods.
- The condition of your liver reflects the condition of your whole body. Everything goes through the liver.
- The Importance of Rehydration in Spring? For the liver? Skin and for the bowel for constipation?
- Spring is a time for creativity and renewal of spirit.
- Dehydration can occur in Spring as the air tends to be dryer.
- Dehydration can therefore affect the Liver, Lungs, Skin and Large intestine.
- Spring can present a chemical war to us. Not only is the air dryer, it may be full of a lot more chemicals as people prepare their lawns and gardens for the spring and summer ahead. These chemicals are extremely toxic, especially if your immune system is low.
- As well as the chemicals you have the winds blowing the pollens around creating sinus and hayfever. Taking care of your immune system at this time of the year will lessen your reaction to these natural phenomenon. Echinacea is great for an immune system boost.
- Detoxing therefore can be most beneficial. Spring clean your cells to renew energy to your body.
- Stress is one of the biggest concerns at this time of the year as our work life gets busier and our social activities build. Everyone is trying to get everything done before the school holidays or the end of the year deadlines, hence the extra pressure. Remember, most heart attacks are in school holidays because of stress and bad eating habits. Magnesium crystals to bath in and breathing may assist this tremendously.
- The predominant emotion for spring is Anger and Resentment, hence re-occurring problems in the throat, or heart to head area if not cleared. As a coach I am clearing lots of anger presently in relation to family, work or commitment. Take a breath and some time for you.
I love spring time as the weather gets warmer and there is a renewed energy in the air. With careful consideration for the change of season, you too can enjoy spring and all it has to offer.