“Australia is ranked as one of the fattest nations in the developed world” according to the Huffington Post.
Obesity in Australia is becoming an epidemic. You may say it’s none of my business or your business what other people do, but in this instance it may well be because a huge amount of our health dollars are now spent on the side effects of obesity, like:
- Heart Disease
- Early onset of Diabetes
- Auto Immune Disorders
- Circulation Issues
- Lung, Kidney, Liver and Bowel Diseases
- …and the list goes on
I was at a Natural Health Convention last weekend and we talked about Obesity as a pressing issue here in Australia with:
- 7 out of 10 men obese
- 1 in every 2 women obese
- 1 in every 4 children obese
You would have to agree that these figures are staggering to say the least. The prevalence of obesity has more than doubled in the last 30 years and so by 2025, it is estimated that 70 percent of Australia’s population will be obese or overweight.
The point is what do we do now, when 5 million Australians require some urgent intervention?
Having studied the body for many years as a trainer in fitness, a teacher in Health and Fitness at University and TAFE colleges for 7 years, a natural health consultant and a Master Trainer of the Mind I know that there are so many reasons why people put on weight. It’s not a one fix for all.
I also know that the brown visceral fat that sits around the organs when you have put on weight is so very dangerous and it’s worth educating people about the importance of avoiding and or removing this particular fat.
There are so many reasons that we go through weight gain including
- Lack of exercise
- Low self esteem
- Suppressing negative emotions or limiting beliefs
- Copying behaviour from parents and peers
- Fad diets that do NOT work
- Sitting in cars, at work and with technology
- Chemical exposure in your environment. The body puts on fat cells to keep you safe and absorb the chemicals.
- ‘Convenience’ foods delivered to the door
- Fast Food Chains with tempting advertising that simply makes eating your next meal ‘easy’.
- Sugars and wheats hidden in many foods labelled ‘natural’ or ‘healthy’.
- …and the list goes on.
While this is a huge list and one I am sure you can add to, I feel sometimes as adults, we can set an example that then may change unhealthy habits in us and in turn influences the people around us. Two years ago I decided to get rid of the brown fat around my organs by doing a Detox and Fat Loss Program. I encouraged someone to do it with me knowing it could be life changing for them. I chose January as the month to do it because that is when we have the least activities that would spoil such a program. We both lost between 5 to 7 kilos and have kept it off since then. The best part is that her self-esteem changed, she got her ‘mojo’ back, she was taken off a tablet she had been on for over 50 years that had horrific side effects, she got herself a voluntary position working in a shop and she continues to follow that eating plan today while walking every 3 hours for just 10 minutes to keep the metabolic rate at a premium.
Why I tell you this story is that the benefits are numerous and some you are not even expecting. Milton H Erickson tells a great metaphor to a client that comes to him about his weight. After the client explains his situation Milton Erickson tells him a story about a tomato in his back garden that only takes in as much nutrients as it requires to be the most perfect tomato in the crop. Milton Erickson goes on to talk about the intelligence that the tomato has to make that decision. The story goes on a little more but the changes to this man was catastrophic. He realised that he had more intelligence than a tomato and if the tomato could do that then he could do that. So he began only taking in as much nutrients that he required and began his weight loss journey.
So weight loss is a mind and body connection process. If this is an issue for you, or you know someone that would like to let some of their weight, especially the brown fat, go then contact me as there are so many wonderful options to assist you today including:
- Clearing negative emotions and limiting beliefs that food may be used to suppress
- Taking on board a 21 day Fat Loss and Detox program that really gives that weight a move out of your system in a scientifically formulated way
- A Lifestyle program for 90 days that is a FAT BURNING Philosophy based on the Mediterranean diet and committing to adding three things to your eating plan and taking 3 things away. This has taken the USA by storm so if you want more details check it out at www.modere.com.au (Australia) or www.Modere.com (USA) and put in the code 910422.
Let’s explore this issue further in our next newsletter. Contact email@example.com for any more information.