Your brain, heart, muscles, skin are all vital parts of your body for you to give attention to even in winter. Some points for you to consider:
- Progesterone is the ‘feel good’ hormone. Did you know that there are 47 receptors in your body for Progesterone, including your brain and heart. Your Hormones are balanced when minerals are present. So keeping your mineral intake high is vital. I actually supplement with both liquid and tablet mineral combinations having studied this for many years.
- Minerals are Vital. Vegetables are an excellent source of minerals. You can steam them, grate them and hide them in soups, stews etc. and they are a brilliant base for spaghetti bolognaise without using spaghetti. The other mineral I find vital is Magnesium. If you have a cramp anywhere in your body, or a flutter in your eyelid that is a message to you that your magnesium levels are low. Magnesium helps you manage stress. It has nothing to do with your size. It has everything to do with how you manage stress. I put Magnesium crystals in the bath to soak in, and a couple in my herbal teas to drink. I also wear magnesium body lotion. If Magnesium leaves your body it takes lots of other minerals with it.
- Anti-oxidants are vital. Green Tea, Grape seed, turmeric, Grape seed extract, curcuminoids like curry powder, are brilliant for cleaning out the garbage and allowing you better concentration and memory. I use these on children with ADHD with great success.
- Boosting your immune system is also vital. When I had Lupus I could not think straight. I use Echinacea during winter together with my minerals and anti-oxidants and a great diet of fruits and vegetables and fish.
- Krill oil or other essential Fatty Acids are vital for the joints, the bowel and the brain. If you start when your children are tiny and simply prick the end of a good quality fish Oil tablet they get in the habit of having these daily. My Dad was given these as a child to avoid colds in the winter.
- Your stomach and digestive system can affect all your organs in your body including your brain because it depends on what you absorb from your foods as to what nutrition your body and brain gets. I just had a blood analysis from Terrie Beresford at firstname.lastname@example.org and we could see a slight deficiency in Vitamin b12 which is made in the digestive system. Terrie said about 80% of our immune function is located in our digestive system. Every time we eat sugary or fatty foods we wear down this digestive process so out immune system can suffer. Leaky gut is quite often the result says Terrie with toxins leaking into our blood stream…..yuk. You will know this may be happening if you have headaches, asthma, hay fever, behavioural or concentration problems. This is not just for kids. It’s a real concern also for adults.
- Exercise, conversations, improving your diet, allowing great sleep patterns to happen, and supplementing with those vitamins and minerals you know you may be lacking in. Remembering that you must have minerals in your system to digest vitamins and to help make hormones.
I am not asking you to do anything I do not do for myself or family members. These things work.
So what can you do starting TODAY to boost your Brain and Body this winter? Happy to assist if you require some. Email me at email@example.com